Earlier this month, we went to Hershey Park for a family weekend trip. We normally visit Hershey Park during the summer, but weren’t able to make it during the warmer months, so decided to try out the park during the fall season. One of my tips to to save money when we visit Hershey Park, is to stay in a hotel near the park, but not an official Hershey Park hotel. For this trip, we decided to stay at the Courtyard Marriott Harrisburg Hershey, which was a short 15 minutes away from the park. Here are is my review of the Courtyard Marriott Harrisburg Hershey.
Pros of Staying at the Courtyard Marriott Harrisburg Hershey
- Your family can save a good $100-$200 off your nightly stay by not staying at an official Hershey Park hotel.
- You know what you’re getting at Marriott properties, and that’s why we like staying at the Courtyard Marriott. The rooms are spacious and clean with a desk, closet area and flat-screen television.
- There was well enough room for the four of us. The beds are queen size and the pillows and blankets comfortable and warm. (See picture above.)
- The bathrooms were large and clean. My husband is pretty tall, so he appreciates a tall shower-head.
- There’s a mini-fridge and coffee-maker in the room. It’s great for families with small kids who need milk and snacks.
- The indoor heated pool is just perfect for an after-Hershey Park swim. It’s open until late at night, so the kids can get their energy out before going to bed.
- There’s a huge lounge downstairs for the kids to hang out in with a TV, computers and board games. So you aren’t cooped up in your room the whole time.
- If you forget anything, they have a small mini-mart with snacks, frozen meals and sundries. But, if they don’t carry what you’re missing, there’s a Target right across the highway. (It was chilly when we went so we got our daughter a fleece, and I forgot toothpaste and my contact lens solution, so we were able to buy those, too.)
Cons of Staying at the Courtyard Marriott Harrisburg Hershey
- You do have to drive to Hershey Park (but it’s only 15-minutes away!).
- We like to stay in hotels that have the free hot-and-cold breakfasts, but this Courtyard Marriott doesn’t have it. What it does have is a Starbucks and a small restaurant open downstairs from early in the morning until the evening. For breakfast, they have the Starbucks drinks you know and love and to eat, they have a pretty diverse menu. We had French Toast, pancakes, omelettes, toast, potatoes, and bacon. It did cost about $30 for all of us.
Where will you and your family be heading this fall?
The Courtyard Marriott Harrisburg Hershey is about $129 a night and is located at 725 Eisenhower Blvd, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, which is 15-minutes away from Hershey Park.
I was not compensated in any way for this post. All opinions expressed are mine.