After traveling to Beaches Resorts this past summer, our family has become BIG fans. Big enough that before we left our vacation, I had booked our 2014 trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos!
So it is with great pleasure to help spread the word that Beaches is celebrating ten years of ‘sunny days’ in partnership with Sesame Workshop®, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street. With the anniversary, Beaches Resorts announces five new and exciting activities to the Beaches Resorts Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street® program.
The collage above is from our recnet trip to Beaches Turks & Caicos. Yyou can see the Sesame Street stage show on the upper left.
1. Along with Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, Zoe, Bert and Ernie, Abby Cadabby, The Count, and Big Bird the tenth addition to the Sesame Street cast is Oscar The Grouch. So starting in February 2014, there’ll be new stage shows and parades, fun activities, and ‘A WonderFALL Celebration’ — a series of special programming and offers throughout the fall season.
Beaches Resorts Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street® welcomes the newest addition, Oscar the Grouch. Photo via Beaches Resorts.
2. Sesame Street Carnival Celebration: Beaches Resorts will reinvent its popular Sesame Street® parade to create Sesame Street® Carnival Celebration, a feast for the senses complete with lively Junkanoo music; authentic carnival costuming featuring bright colors and elaborate headdresses:
Video from the Beaches blogger event that took place in New York City’s Celsius restaurant in Bryant Park. This is a glimpse of what the new parades will look like!
3. Organic Play: Sesame Workshop has teamed up with childhood play experts, Pop-Up Adventure Play, to promote learning through play at Beaches Resorts. Kids Camp counselors will be trained to ask open-ended questions, use descriptive language, follow a child’s pace, and encourage creative discovery and exploration. We didn’t take advantage of the Beaches Kids Camp when we went because we were only there for 4 days/3 nights, but we’ll be at Sandals for 6 days next year, so we’ll be sure to take taking advantage of it! Also, a great thing is that Beaches Resorts and Sesame Workshop will bring the programming to local schools in the Caribbean, through the Sandals Foundation, the philanthropic side of Sandals Resorts International.
4. Oscar’s From Trash to Treasure Activity: This new Sesame Street® activity will give your kids a special peek into Oscar’s trash-land lifestyle, and allow them the opportunity to turn trash into treasures through playing and creating. They’ll learn how to reuse everyday materials to build castles, cars, mazes, puppets, or anything else!
5. A WonderFALL Celebration: Next fall, there’ll be spectacular fireworks displays and glow band beach parties. Families will be able to take part in ‘Making Muppets,’ a limited time Kids Camp program allowing kids to make their own muppet character, run by a Sesame Workshop Puppeteer and will showcase behind-the-scene stories of Sesame Street.
And if that isn’t enough, Beaches unveils a new resort and upgrades in its existing resorts:
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa:
Guests can take a dip or soak up the sun in one of three new pools. Photo via Beaches Resorts.
Turks and Caicos was where we went this past summer and are already booked to go in 2014!! Earlier this year, Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort introduced its fifth village, the Key West Luxury Village. With the addition of the village comes three new restaurants (to a total of 19 in the resort!) — we are very excited to check them out next year. Also, the kid’s WSkySlide at Pirates Island Waterpark has been renovated and there are newly appointed butler cabanas circling the pool of the French Village. They also added more hibachi tables at the popular Kimonos restaurant (we weren’t able to get in when we went, so hopefully the new tables will give more people to go!).
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club:
Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, recently underwent a $30 million renovation. It now has a new look for its four villages: the elegant French Village, enchanting Italian Village, charming Caribbean Village and stunning Greek Village. Guests will find more restaurants, an enhanced kids program and new amenities and activities to explore.
Photo via Beaches Resorts.
Coming soon, Beaches Resorts will begin building on the former Almond Beach Resort in St. Peter, Barbados, making this the fourth resort added to the Luxury Included® brand collection.
Visit The Beaches Resorts website for more information about their beautiful resorts, Kids Club, partnership with Sesame Street, and The Beaches Foundation.