The Harlem Globetrotters are BACK! They are kicking off the North American leg of the Globetrotters’ 2013 World Tour tips-off with their first-ever game in Brooklyn this Sunday, October 7th, 2012 — in the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn — and then runs from the last week of December through April.
I remember watching the Harlem Globetrotters when I was younger and being so completely amazed at what they could do with a basketball. I was in complete awe. This Sunday, we get to introduce the Harlem Globetrotters to our girls (their very first basketball game!) and I just know how amazed they are going to be.
Some Fun Facts about the Harlem Globetrotters:
- The Original Harlem Globetrotters were founded by Abe Saperstein in Chicago in 1926 as the Savoy Big Five, and they played their first road game as the Globetrotters in Hinckley, Ill., on Jan. 7, 1927.
- The Globetrotters have played in 120 countries and territories, on six continents, for over 136 million fans.
- The Globetrotters have won over 24,000 games and lost just 345, for a .986 winning percentage.
- There have been nine females in Globetrotter history, including TNT Maddox, who in 2011 became the first female to sign with the team since 1993.
- The Globetrotters’ “C.H.E.E.R.™ For Character” program emphasizes:
- Cooperation, Healthy mind and body, Effort, Enthusiasm, and Responsibility
- The Globetrotters’ S.P.I.N.™ program (Some Playtime Is Necessary) is designed to make fitness fun for kids while promoting a healthy/active lifestyle.
- This past summer, the Globetrotters held Summer Skills Clinics for the first time ever, teaching kids basketball fundamentals, tricks, character development, and tips for a healthy lifestyle.
ARE YOU FREE SUNDAY?? Come join the fun at the Barclays Center, Sunday 10/7/12 at 5:00 p.m. — and SAVE $7 off ticket price using code: HGMOMMY Buy tickets by clicking on the image below!