We’ve done so many family trips lately that packing up my traveling beauty essentials has pretty much become routine. I normally don’t have a long beauty process: I like to wash and moisturize my face, and then put on the basics: mascara, eyeliner, blush, lip gloss. When I travel, I also pack some things for “just in case”. All of the products shown can be packed in a gallon sized ziplock bag which can be easily lifted in and out of your bag when you go through security. Note that this post contains affiliate links.
Here’s my top 16 Traveling Beauty Essentials
1.: I actually have wavy hair and in order for my hair to look wavy and not frizzy, I have to use my DevaCurl AnGEL and their Mist-er Right to keep my curls looking bouncy (and smelling great!). Devachan’s botanically infused, 100% sulfate-free hair system was specifically developed for a healthy, frizz-free, easy-to-manage curly hair lifestyle.
2. Tia Cosmetics Sheer Tint Moisturizer: I was introduced to this moisturizer by Lisa from MomalaMode.net. It’s a one-stop shop for moisturizer and a sheer tint – with 20 SPF! When traveling you don’t want to carry too many products and this works double time for you. I love that it’s sheer and not heavy and provides great coverage and an even skin tone.
3. I love drugstore makeup! I can spend hours in the beauty of aisles of drugstores! I have been a Neutrogena user since I was a teenager. It’s a brand I trust and I know it won’t cause my skin to break out.
4. This is one of my favorite tweezers. It gets out every single hair, without a dangerously sharp skinny point.
5. L’Occitane en Provence Dry Skin Hand Cream, 1 oz. I was given this in a swag bag at an event and it is in my purse all the time. I love the scent and it really keeps my hands and cuticles moisturized.
6. This keeps me cool and dry and not a spec of white on any of my clothes. I used this skiing in Utah for a week and I always felt protected.
7. . What mom doesn’t carry hand sanitizer? This is a must when traveling —with or without kids.
8. Coldcalm. I have used Boiron’s Cold Calm since graduating college, so almost 20 years. It has kept me cold-free when I have taken it. And yes, I have tested Coldcalm and not taken it and have come away with a full-blown cold. As soon as I get a tickle in my throat or runny nose, I start popping the Coldcalm. And my girls take it as well. It has kept us cold-free during our Paris trip and our Utah Ski trip!
9. . I love that this doesn’t “crimp” my lashes and has a soft cushiony pillow so that my tiny Asian lashes can softly curve up. They are a bit more than I would spend, but worth it.
10. . Fantastic everyday mascara. And you can put two coats on when you are going out on the town. I have to say, usually after a day of traveling with the family, the hubby and I are in bed by 9:00pm. True story.
11. . I was one of those high-school girls who could not put on eyeliner. So I never wore it. Until I discovered this. So easy and I actually look like I have make-up but I look real. Not made up. I use the olive color every day, and then I swipe on the gold color if I’m going out at night for some sparkle.
12. Laura Mercier Lip Glacé. This is my go-to after Melisa from Project Nursery and I went to Sephora and she introduced me to this. It is an everyday, every season color that keeps your lips looking pretty whether you are on the ski slopes or on the beach.
13. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Original with SPF 15. I was given a sample of this and it has become a staple in my bag (traveling or not). It contains moisture-preserving sugar, hydrating precious oils, antioxidant-rich polyphenols, and essential SPF 15 protection and smells amazing.
14. . Since I use Retin-A, Cetaphil and CeraVe products are my savior. They are gentle and don’t irritate my skin and helps my skin heal as I use Retin-A.
15. . I use CeraVe PM at night only. It is a soothing lotion that doesn’t irritate my skin when I use Retin-A and feels amazing especially after a day in the sun either on the mountains or on the beach.
16. . A must for when you want to keep your hair knot-free when flying, and to keep the curls curly when sleeping (just tie up a very high ponytail!)